*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897267-Barbie-theBeautiful
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897267 added November 12, 2016 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Barbie theBeautiful
PROMPT:Creation Saturday! Did you have a favourite stuffed animal( or toy) when you were younger? Give it an interesting origin story. Tell us what it did in its life before he/she met you and became your pal.
          My childhood pal has the original poker face. Some might describe her as a little stiff, and inflexible. These were admirable, sought after traits for Barbara Millicent a girl -who-made-good from Willow , Wisconsin.          
Before we met, she left home for the bright lights of New York City, and never looked back. Barbie had a dream. She was fearless, and eager to meet all the world had to offer. Fashion was her passion. Her long legs stretched impossibly to her armpits, perfect for strutting on catwalks. Yes, this small -town girl embraced life as a teen model. She revelled in sashaying while doffed in all manner of designer clothing.
         As she made a name for herself, Barbie adopted the non-stop lifestyle of a jet-setting super model. Being a clothes horse guaranteed runways in London, Paris, and Milan. She learned to ski in the Alps. She yachted on the Riviera. Life was glamorous and fun.
         In time, her name became synonymous with high fashion, and anyone who was anyone recognized her name. That name also earned its own honourary colour, Barbie pink.
         Many attempted to copy her trademark posture, and unblinking poses, but failed. No other model could smile unflinchingly, 24/7 like Barbie.
         Fast forward several years, and Barbie shadowed me. Whether tumbling from my bike, snagging her luxurious locks in my jacket zipper, sweltering uncomplaining in a fur coat in July, dripping in sticky dog slobber, or suffocating under a toss of blankets , Barbie never blinked. She never said no, no matter what I decided we were going to do. Barbie the Beautiful befriended me.


© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897267-Barbie-theBeautiful