*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897377-Who-Decides
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897377 added November 13, 2016 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
Who Decides?
PROMPT: The Sunday News! This week, it's been reported that Russia is considering blocking access to the employment-oriented social networking site LinkedIn because the site is in violation of a rule requiring data on Russian citizens to be stored in servers inside the country. What do you think about that, and what role do you think governments should play regarding what websites their citizens should be allowed to visit?
          Huh. In this day and age, this boggles the mind. Censorship still exists? Big brother is watching?
          Perhaps Russia is holding out for a piece of the lucrative pie. This rule of in-country servers is probably a bid to create service jobs for citizens. Yes, the need for control is also prevalent. Monitoring the supply and the subscribers creates an illusion of freedom. Isn't information supposed to be power? It seems ludicrous for a job-networking site. What is important enough about job titles and qualifications to potentially exploit?
         I don't believe that any government has the right to control, monitor,or deny anyone website access.Each internet user should have unfettered access. This is about their own choice, and accountability. Censorship is wrong. We need the freedom to view, read, write, and comment on everything, and anything. Creativity is subjective. Its audience varies, and thrives on the great world wide Web.
         Policing internet access is inexcusable. What is enough, or too much? Who decides?

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897377-Who-Decides