*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897755-Wild-Card-Thursday-Unicorns
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897755 added November 17, 2016 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Wild Card Thursday: Unicorns
Thursday, November 17, 2016

A chilly morning
The windchill factor whispers
To my aching bones

The Wildcard Round prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Unicorns. They're special and unique and fun and whatnot. But what are they, really? What do they eat? Where do they live, and where do they sleep? What do they do when they're not out unicorning or whatever it is they do? And what's the proper name for a baby unicorn? Please write the Wikipedia entry on unicorns from your unique, special blogging unicorn perspective.

Unicorns are a highly intelligent magical species of horse with the scientific name is Equis magi unicorn. Adult unicorns come in a variety of colors similar to regular none magical horses. They eat grass, grain and other types of vegetables. Most unicorns prefer to eat wildflowers or wild grain, but they will eat cultivated grains and flowers if no wild ones are available. A female unicorn is called a mares and the males are called stallions while a baby unicorn is referred to as a colt. The young nurse from their mothers for about the same period as horses and their growth follows that of a horse with the exception that a baby unicorn is born with a horn bud that begins to grow into a horn about nine days after birth.

Unicorns have the ability to heal themselves of wounds if those wounds aren't inflicted close together. This ability makes it impossible to neuter a unicorn. The female unicorns gather into herds usually protected by one adult stallion along with his yearling sons. After the young are a year old, they leave their birth herd to roam until they find or form a herd of their own. Since unicorns are magical creatures they have the ability to open gates into other dimensions which gives individual unicorns and the herds the ability to flee across space and time to safety.

These magical creatures have the ability to communicate with other animals without speaking. This means that unicorns can, when they desire, read the minds of humans. They normally don't do this unless they are in danger or they've bonded with a specific human being. Unicorns are able to bond with humans at all ages, but normally the adults won't bond after the age of two years. A unicorn colt is easiest to bond with, but the person has to befriend the mother or another member of the herd.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897755-Wild-Card-Thursday-Unicorns