*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897848-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Cartoon-and-Spiritual-Concepts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897848 added November 18, 2016 at 5:24pm
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: My Favorite Cartoon and Spiritual Concepts
Friday, November 18, 2016


The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1928, Walt Disney's "Steamboat Willie" starring Mickey Mouse was the first successful sound-synchronized animated cartoon. What is your favorite cartoon?

My Favorite Cartoon

My favorite cartoon was The Road Runner because of the characters the star was the Road Runner himself while his co-star was Wile E Coyote. Wile E Coyote was the guy who took the pratfall. True Mr. Coyote very seldom fell on his buttocks because he usually ended up running face on into a rock, a cliff or some other immovable object. I can remember sitting in the living room on a Saturday morning and laughing at cartoon because it was funny to see the Road Runner get the best of Wile E Coyote. Despite all his failed attempts and the pain he went through as a results the Coyote never gave up in his attempt to catch the Road Runner. Sometimes I suspect that's why Baby Boomers are so stubborn even in the face of pain. As much as I watched those cartoon I never had the urge to attempt any of the stunts that Wile E Coyote did on those shows.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 984
"Theologians talk about a prevenient grace that precedes grace itself and allows us to accept it, I think there must also be a prevenient courage that allows us to be brave...to make ourselves useful. It allows us to be generous, which is another way of saying exactly the same thing." ~ Marilynne Robinson
Explore the connection between courage and generosity. What do you find are the greatest emotional challenges to doing something so bravely useful?

Spiritual Concepts

Grace, courage, and generosity are all spiritual attributes that manifest themselves in the physical realm through the actions of human beings. The more an individual experiences situations that require them to demonstrate courage the more courage that individual will be able to have and therefore demonstrate. A person can also learn the demonstrate courage through watching other people act courageously. The same thing goes for generosity. The more we express or see someone else express generosity the more we are willing and able to express it.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897848-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Cartoon-and-Spiritual-Concepts