*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897895-Creation-Saturday-Magic-Astrology-and-Opinions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#897895 added November 19, 2016 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Magic, Astrology, and Opinions
Saturday, November 19, 2016

Chilly Las Vegas morning
Foretelling a cold winter
Unpack the hoodies

The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
When someone says "And this is where the magic happens!", what are they referring to? Take this prompt in any direction your imagination lets you.

"And this is where the magic happens." I think this refers to prayer, especially the prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah and The Bab or written by 'Abdu'l-Baha. I have experienced miracles after saying these prayer. When I recite or read them because my attitude changes dramatically. When I recite a prayer from the one of these three men my depression and negative attitude depart. Something positive always occurs when I'm in a positive frame of mind. If something negative or bad happens those events don't have a detrimental effect on me when my attitude and expectations are positive.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1465
"I don't believe in astrology. I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical." Sir Arthur C. Clark Use this quote to inspire a story, poem, etc.

Astrology seems to be all the rage in some circles. I don't believe the stars have as much an effect on a person's life as the decisions that they make for themselves or let other people make for them. Sometimes I read my horoscope and sometimes I don't. Even though I haven't read my horoscope for several months, I still have a astrology website in my Web Favorites. That's because I sometimes use the astrology signs for character creation. In addition, if I'm stuck for a plot idea or a poem theme I will go to the website and read either my horoscope or someone else's.


I've never discovered any scientific study that proved a relationship between a person's personality or actions and the stars. I'm not saying that there isn't, what I'm saying is that I have discovered reliable proof that there is a relationship. What I do know is that horoscopes don't appear to relate to my life except on random occasions. When there does appear to be a relationship there are other conditions that don't relate to the horoscope prediction. Will probably continue using the horoscope for character creation and random inspiration, but for nothing else. At least until I can discover scientific proof that there is some sort of effect on my life or the events in my life.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 985
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." Marcus Aurelius
"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." Marcus Aurelius
Do you agree or disagree with Mr. Aurelius? Please discuss both of his quotes.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (Marcus Aurelius) This is true. Everyone perceives the world from their own minds and memories of the events in their own lives. There for everyone has a slightly different opinion of what reality is. I suspect there may be a collective reality surrounding all the individual perceptions of reality. I also suspect that each individual's perception of reality has an effect on the collective reality that surrounds them. Since I have no real proof of this (it's only a feeling or an intuition) I can only state my opinion of the subject which takes me back to the beginning of Marcus Aurelius' statement about everything being an opinion.


We begin to see
When we open our minds to
Question opinions
And perceptions of reality

"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." (Marcus Aurelius) It's our thoughts that determine how we view the world. If we accept the opinions of our ancestors, which we were taught by our family or through interaction with our culture then we anything that disagrees with those opinions as evil or negative. However, when we question the opinions we been taught then we start to search for truth ourselves which changes the way we think about other people and ourselves. Once we begin searching for truth ourselves then we begin using the power of our mind to discover our true selves and the universe around us and to determine truth for ourselves.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897895-Creation-Saturday-Magic-Astrology-and-Opinions