*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898047-Quotes-on-Peace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#898047 added November 21, 2016 at 7:19am
Restrictions: None
Quotes on Peace
*Right*November 21 is World Hello Day http://www.worldhelloday.org/. Write a story or poem about saying hello to ten poem. Alternately you can say hello to ten people on writing.com tell us about that in your entry.(BCoFs)

World Hello Day has begun in 1973 by saying hello to people in order to bring peace and understanding through communication. I think it’s a lovely attempt to bring some joy in these dark times. I found ten quotes on peace that are worth reflecting on. Happy Hello Day to all! *BigSmile*

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein.

Peace begins with a smile. Mother Teresa.

Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come. Henri Nouwen.

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. Melody Beattie.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix.

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. Calvin Coolidge.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. Dalai Lama.

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. Buddha.

Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. George Washington.

Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence. Henry David Thoreau.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898047-Quotes-on-Peace