*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898151-The-positive-and-the-writes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#898151 added November 22, 2016 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
The positive and the writes
*Right*Prompt: Can you find a positive meaning in a negative situation or even in a word, such as revenge, mayhem, pain, etc.? Come up with your own examples, if you wish.(BC)

Pain is a good thing to the body because it warns you that something is amiss. It is a warning system that without one could be very harmful and even kill you. So although it is perceived as negative it is a positive thing to prepare yourself as a human being to the dangers of the outside world, or to the notion something has to be addressed to inside your body.

Mayhem is the word for trouble, which is used to be a negative word but trouble in itself can be taken positively in a situation where an uproar is needed, for example when there is a country with a dictator and very bad circumstances for its people mayhem can cause change in government or the fleeing of the dictator which in almost every case is a good thing in the long run.

Revenge is a negative word because we don’t like the taking things into our own hands, but we have invented a whole judicial system to deal with revenge. If a murder is committed the system, aka we as the people find this wrong and appalling and we have agreed that a judge will look into that particular situation so that a proper revenge can take place. In our part of the world, revenge is institutionalized so a murderer goes to prison or the mental institution because of the wrongful act that is committed. It is a good thing dealing with the human borders in society in a civilized manner.



*Right*Do your storytelling instincts take you to environmental activism, a futuristic sci-fi universe, or an adventure in the wilderness? Or perhaps, to an apartment scene in which this news seems, for the time being, to have no bearing on the characters?(BCoFs)

I am not sure to which news this is referring to, but if it refers to the new President of the USA, then I don’t tell my characters the news in as much it has no bearing on the story. Normally my stories are a-political so it lays out in a non-political setting. If it is a political write, then of course, my characters need to know the changes that are in place at the moment. It depends on what type of plot and character if there is activism, future sfi, a wilderness, or closed environment in which the action takes place.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898151-The-positive-and-the-writes