*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898164-Todays-blog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#898164 added November 22, 2016 at 12:47pm
Restrictions: None
Today's blog
Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !


I received a message this morning from Brother Nature who is encouraging us to continue to blog in November and post in the 30-day-challenge. So, here goes.

Odd facts for today:

On November 22, 1718, Blackbeard the infamous pirate was killed off the coast of North Carolina, USA by British Sailors. This ended his neigh of terror in the Caribbean.

I was looking on https://www.wikipedia.org at Syria in an effort to gain more understanding of the war there. stria has a long history of political unrest. An interesting note: Syria was a founding member of the United Nations. During 1963 to 2011 Syria was under emergency law which gave the citizens no constitutional protections. Since 2011, as part of the Arab Spring there is an uprising against Assad who gained power through his father, who was the head of government before Assad. the Ba'ath party is the political party that revolutionists are fighting against. There are 375 million refugees from this war, 200,000 civilian deaths and 1 million of the refugees are children who have experienced the death and violence associated with the war. All of these facts I found at Wikipedia.

I posted yesterdays blog in Andre's Banana Bar after reading the news there.

The weather here has stabilized. I was able to get in and out of the barn this morning. The barn cleaning was accomplished so, onward to thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for another year living here just watching the wildlife and being.

This book is a Hoot!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898164-Todays-blog