*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898294-Thanksgiving-Day-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898294 added November 24, 2016 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving Day 2016
Thursday, November 24, 2016

"O Thou kind Lord! Thou hast created all humanity from the same stock. Thou hast decreed that all shall belong to the same household. In Thy Holy Presence they are all Thy servants, and all mankind are sheltered beneath Thy Tabernacle; all have gathered together at Thy Table of Bounty; all are illumined through the light of Thy Providence."
From a prayer by Abdu’l‑Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, 41. All-Souls Church

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 989
What are your favorite Thanksgiving foods? Do you cook your own or do you like when someone else cooks them?

What are my favorite Thanksgiving foods? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream, the turkey drumstick or thigh, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, and coffee. I also like creamed spinach and creamed peas, while green beans or carrots are next on the list.

Do I cook my own or do I like to have someone else cook them? I prefer someone else to cook most of the dinner. I will make something or purchase a pie. I usually purchase a pie of some type if I'm going to someone else's house to eat.

The "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt
Did you have an after Thanksgiving or Black Friday tradition when you were a child?

Did my family have an after Thanksgiving or Black Friday tradition when I was a child? When I was a child Black Friday wasn't as big a deal as it is today. On the Friday after Thanksgiving was the day Christmas decorations begin to go up. Grandpa would purchase the Christmas tree on Friday and then we would spend the rest of the weekend decorating it. Once the tree was decorated then we would spend the rest of the weekend admiring it or going shopping. The next weekend Grandpa would take us around town to look at the Christmas lights. While he didn't decorate the outside of the house other people in Blackwell did, so we would drive around oohing and awing at the lights on the house or the Christmas trees showing through the front room windows.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898294-Thanksgiving-Day-2016