*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898339-November-25th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#898339 added November 25, 2016 at 5:14am
Restrictions: None
November 25th
*Right*St. Nicholas has arrived in the Netherlands. That means that children - and those who are children at heart - may set their shoe by the fireplace, and if they have been good (and especially if they have been so thoughtful as to leave a carrot for his faithful horse), they may find a little gift in there when they wake up. If they have been naughty... ah, bad luck. They'll just find an empty shoe.
If St. Nicholas were to travel the world, would you receive a gift? What would you wish for?(30-Day BC-Kit )

Since I live in the Netherlands we celebrate St. Nicholas every year with a group of family and friends. We are with approx. 15 people. We draw straws with names two weeks before and make a wish list. It is accustomed to make a surprise package and write a poem for the one we drew. This year I drew my best friend which is nice. I am buying a bamboo salt dispenser and an art calendar for 2017. I attach the salt dispenser on the back of a woolen teddy bear. I already made two poems for her. My sister will be attending this year so I just bought two random gifts for her as well. A paper notebook and a big candle. Next week I will wrap the gifts in special St. Nicholas paper and finish things for Friday the second of December. On my wish list are a book of Paulo Coelho, the Alchemist and a little foldable shopping bag with a spiral print on it.



*Right*Black Friday? What does it mean to you? Do you have traditions with friends or family? If you live outside the states, do you have days similar to what retailers here call the day after Thanksgiving, the first official insane day of holiday shopping.(BCoFs)

I always do my shopping throughout the year. I already bought my Xmas presents: two books of Daniella Steel and a set of earrings for my stepmom and two arts coffee mugs for my brother. I only have to wrap them in special Xmas paper and put them underneath the Xmas tree. But first we celebrate St. Nicholas in The Netherlands. After December 5th the official shopping spree for Xmas is beginning here. We never buy expensive gifts, just some niceties for under the tree.



*Right*Write a love or a rant poem/ short story from the perspective of a pirate ship captain writing to the woman he loves. It's your blog, have fun. (BC)

Dearest woman,
Since I saw you imprisoned by my crew, tied up to that pole in the middle of the ship I had some feelings for you. You were so beautifully mad at all of us for capturing you and taking over your ship, your eyes were all fired up and your beautiful bosom was heaving while you threw all those profanities at us. I loved that spirit in you. Your hair all messy and your lipstick smeared because my crew wanted to kiss you, which you refused with wild gestures. So when you behave I will let you go free around my ship and if you want you can share my captain’s quarters with me. Also, my parrot will be at your disposal. Yours sincerely, Captain Hook.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898339-November-25th