*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898414-Pascal-Nash-and-words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#898414 added November 26, 2016 at 6:13am
Restrictions: None
Pascal, Nash and words
*Right*We sail within a vast sphere, ever drifting in uncertainty, driven from end to end. Blaise Pascal. What are your thoughts on this?(30-Day BC-WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 )

I think Pascal is partly right on this quote. It is more a vast sphere we sail in than I thought possible when I was younger. In my younger years I thought there was more freedom to navigate and sail to whatever place you wanted, but when I grew older I noticed that a lot of things are fixed and you only can navigate in the margins of the possibilities. Like I never thought that your family and where you came from, your DNA was that important, but it proved to be the borders of my possibilities in Life. I have more space to maneuver than my parents for example, but it is only a fraction more, not the whole world. You are more bound to your biology than I thought possible.

I do think that we are drifting in uncertainty, with one eye to the future and one eye to the past. Freedom is a complex notion, sometimes it is only the thought of freedom that is actually present, and we are more fixed beings than I once thought we were.



*Right*"The most painful realization as an adult is that most people are not interested in meaningful exchanges!"~Elle Nash. Do you agree or disagree with Nash? What do you consider meaningful exchanges?(BC)

I think I disagree with this quote. I do think most people are indeed interested in meaningful exchanges but don’t know how to get those anymore, and forgotten how to behave among others in a friendly and cordially way. Everybody is simply so busy with their own lives, they forget to look around and see other people for what they are. I always try to look people in the eye when passing them on the streets and then I get their hellos or their smiles. But you have to have an open attitude and approach people with an open mind, and then there is more possible than you think. Meaningful exchanges can be short; a simple look with interest, a smile, a few minutes of attention can be very meaningful. Interest and attention can make a huge difference.



*Right*Prompt: Write a story, poem, or something using these words: surprise, rebellion, recession, award, orthodox, rule, liver.(BCoFs)

To my surprise I have nothing on my liver these days. My economic standard is sufficient; I am no rebellion to the last recession, indeed I give an award to the orthodox rule of living simple. When you don’t have much, you get creative in getting what you want. Don’t spend more than you have!



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898414-Pascal-Nash-and-words