*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898423-Saturday-Morning-Thoughts-for-November-26-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898423 added November 26, 2016 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Saturday Morning Thoughts for November 26, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016

 The Bones of Poets  (ASR)
The lines written by poets inspire humanity
#2103655 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What affect Does Music Have on the Christmas Holidays or Holidays that You Celebrate?

Holiday Music

What affect does Christmas or Holiday music have on me? I don't celebrate Christmas or winter holidays so most of the time the music doesn't bother me. The biggest problem I've encountered with this type of music is when merchants begin playing it. Most merchants begin piping winter holiday music through their stores on or before Halloween which I think is too soon to start exclusively playing this type of music. I don't think it would be as irritating if they didn't play this type of music on an endlessly looping CD or interspersed it with non-holiday popular songs.


Playing Christmas or holiday music form late October to New Year's day causes people to either tune it out or irritates them out of the holiday spending mood. I'm sure merchants play the music to get people into a max out the credit card frame of mind, but in many cases it doesn't have this affect. After you've heard "Frosty the Snowman" or "Deck the Halls" you want to take those boughs of holly and deck the snowman.

I was raised celebrating Christmas, but we didn't decorate the house until after Thanksgiving. I don't remember any merchants or the city decorating their stores until after Thanksgiving. If any of the stores played holiday music they didn't play it until after Thanksgiving. I would just as soon not hear the Christmas music endlessly played for almost three months.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 991
"The most painful realization as an adult is that most people are not interested in meaningful exchanges!"~Elle Nash.
Do you agree or disagree with Nash? What do you consider meaningful exchanges?

A Meaningful Exchange

What is a meaningful exchange? This is a question that has to be answered by each individual in a discussion. After about 69, almost 70, years on this planet, I've discovered that some individuals consider a meaningful exchange as telling another person their opinion and then expecting the other person to agree with them. This isn't my idea of a meaningful exchange. I consider a meaningful exchange as a conversation in which both parties state their opinion with the facts that they believe validates that opinion and then listening to the other person stating their opinion in the same manner. This way both parties learn something about the other person and hear a different opinion.


Are people interested in having a meaningful exchange? Yes, they are, but only if they consider other people's opinions as being as valid as their opinion.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1472
Write a story, poem, or something using these words: surprise, rebellion, recession, award, orthodox, rule, liver.

Love

Love
is always a surprise
that strikes you
like the tantalizing aroma
of liver and onions
on a snowy winter morning.


Love
generates rebellion
against the orthodox terrors encouraged
by the status quo.

Love
awards those
who follow its rules
with protection
against passion's recession.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898423-Saturday-Morning-Thoughts-for-November-26-2016