*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898656-The-Last-Tuesday-in-November-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898656 added November 29, 2016 at 11:32am
Restrictions: None
The Last Tuesday in November 2016
Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Louisa May Alcott
was born on this day in 1832;
she received training from writers
such as Thoreau, Emerson and Hawthorne.

The prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What do you do to keep yourself in a positive state of health mentally and emotionally?

During the autumn and winter it's a little more difficult for me to stay in a positive emotional mood then during the spring and summer. This year, keeping a positive mood in November more difficult then usual. Part of the problem is that my mother died on November 29, 2012. A few days ago, one of the young men in the neighborhood was killed when he tried to rob the drug dealer who lived in apartment 7. The drug dealer's sister drug the young man's body out of the apartment and into the alley. As if that isn't enough to throw me into the pit of depression, this morning I logged onto Facebook to find out that my sister-in-law (my brother's ex-wife and mother of three of his children) died sometime last night.


How do I keep a positive attitude? Prayer, writing, and laughing. These are the three things that I'm sure will change my attitude from negative to positive. Other things that help are chocolate, coffee, and pleasant surprises. I received several pleasant surprises yesterday. When I went to the mailbox after the postal delivery person came, I found a Christmas card from a writing.com friend. In addition, I received several merit badges yesterday.

Merit Badge in Snail Mail
[Click For More Info]

I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your participation in  [Link To Item #snailmail] .  *^*Delight*^*  Thank you for all that you've done to make the group a success, and for the smiles you've spread around the world with the mail you've sent. Merit Badge in Foresight
[Click For More Info]

   Happy Cyber Monday! (Yes, it's a holiday now.) *^*Wink*^* Mwah. Love you! *^*Heart*^*   Merit Badge in Supportive
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for the thoughts, support, love, friendship, space, comfort, and so much more right now. Can't thank you enough. *^*Heart*^* Merit Badge in Special Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

I don't say it enough... but you need to know you are loved so very much.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 994
In The Treatise of Tahlan, an ancient treatise for samurais, Paulo Coelho says, “The more we feel we are in control, the farther we are from controlling anything at all. A threat gives no warning, and a quick reaction cannot be programmed like a walk on Sunday afternoon. So if you want to be in harmony with your love or with your fight, learn to react fast.”
How good are you in reacting fast? How good are the characters you create? Do you ever think about their reaction time?

I learned long ago that I'm not in control of anything except the way I respond emotionally to a situation and even then I'm not sure how well I control my emotional responses. The biggest misconceptions human beings have is that they are in control, which isn't true in most situations. I've found the best response to any situation (I'm still working on this) is to let go and place the situation in God's hands. As for my characters, I'm fairly sure that some of them tend to take control of the plot.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1475
Oh no....Your camera has images on it that you haven't taken. Tell us all about what you discovered.

The explanations I like.

*BulletBr* Memory lapse.
*BulletO* Time warp.
*BulletGr* Ghost taking control of the camera.
*BulletP* Is it my camera or someone else's?
*BulletB* Practical joke by aliens from another planet.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898656-The-Last-Tuesday-in-November-2016