*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898756-Midweek-Reflections-on-Mayhem-Courage-and-Beauty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898756 added November 30, 2016 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Mayhem, Courage, and Beauty
Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Good-by November
your days becoming shorter
and your nights longer.

The prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What was the best (or worst) memory of kitchen mayhem during the holidays? How did it end?

Kitchen Mayhem

The only place I've encountered kitchen mayhem is some of my short stories. I've had kitchen issues such as cooking a 20 lb. turkey in a microwave because the oven wouldn't work and we couldn't afford to get a new one which would have solved the problem.I think I written a couple of blog entries about this little kitchen adventure. I think the only kitchen adventure that came close to being considered mayhem was when one of the pipes leading to the ice maker in the refrigerator leaked. That problem was solved by turning the water off to the pipe and then having a friend cut the pipe off and stopping it up with some sort of metal gasket or something. I'm not a plumber so I don't know the technical term for the thingamajig he used.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 995
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little." Haley Gerth Do you agree? Should we be daring?

Courage and Writing

I think this is better advice the "write what you know" because this advice causes you to confront you inner critic and discover that you know more then what you thought you knew. Writing in a way that scares you gets you out of your box and frees your muse. The best way to start writing what scares you is to begin a free write. You can set a time limit of ten or fifteen minutes while will force you to write without thinking about what you write. You just sit your timer and start writing. Don't look at the clock or answer the phone or anything else while you're writing. Don't worry about spelling or grammar while you have your hands on the keyboard. You continue to write until the time is up or you've written yourself out. Don't worry about making sense. Don't worry about staying on the same subject. Just write.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1476
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What do you think about this old saying? Do you find something beautiful that other people don't think is beautiful?

The Eye of The Beholdeer

Yes, I think beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I find beauty in dying flowers, especially roses. If you watch a rose as it dies, it loses one or two petals at a time until they are all laying on the ground around the vase or the flowerpot they are in. If you take the petals you can put them in a dresser drawer and let them perfume your clothes or you can save them in a pouch. Another thing that is beautiful is a dying leaf because its color is so different from the green leaf when it is alive.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898756-Midweek-Reflections-on-Mayhem-Courage-and-Beauty