*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898817-Thankful-Thursday-Contemplations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#898817 added December 1, 2016 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday Contemplations
Thursday, December 1, 2016

Red and green
the colors of the season
decorate shop windows and the mall.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1477
There are 30 more days in this year. Wow, time flies when you are having fun! Speaking of fun, what goals have you accomplished this year and what are you scrambling to get done? Are you a goal setter? Have you thought about next year's goals yet?

What goals have I accomplished? I did a decent job of accomplishing weekly goals. The problem I encountered with some of my yearly goals was in scheduling. I didn't put those on the weekly goal list in a way that held me responsible for accomplishing the small steps. I intend to remedy that in 2017. Another problem is my tendency to "bit off more then I can chew". This caused me to stress when it come to accomplishing my goals. The stress lead to procrastination and listening to my inner critic which is part of my procrastination issues.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 996
Gathering all the ingredients for a design is a favorite part of the creative process. What are your thoughts on this?

Is gathering the ingredients for a design my favorite part of the creative process? Yes and no. When I was doing fashion painting with my mother, gathering all the ingredients was fun because Mom was there to assist, advice, and paint on her project while I was working on mine. When it comes to writing, I prefer to begin with an idea or inspiration and begin to write without gathering most of what I need. Sometimes I will do some research on the idea before beginning, but most of the time I just start out writing. If I discover something I need to research while I'm writing then I pause and do the research. I'm sure this isn't the best way to do it. I've tried doing the planning and researching before I begin a story which doesn't work good for me because when I'm writing the story I find the characters taking over or my thoughts (with the story) running off in another direction. This leads to doing research on something I hadn't planned in the story.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/898817-Thankful-Thursday-Contemplations