*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899107-A-Journey-Of-A-Thousand-Miles-Begins
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#899107 added December 5, 2016 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins....
Blog City - Day 1000

Prompt: β€œA journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” - Lao-tzu
What is your take on this saying? How much importance do you attach to the beginnings and completions of anything?


I like this saying. It reminds me that any action, no matter how small, made in the direction of our dreams and our life must begin by doing something... a single step in the right direction. Indecision can paralyse us, doing something propels us out of that place and begins the process of movement and momentum. Once in motion, you are more able to stay in motion - yes, that is one of Newton's laws, but it applies to life as well. Too often I find myself bogged down, not wanting to go out... forcing that first step, gets me past the threshold... and I am always glad I made myself move.

Our lives are a journey. A discovery of what is out beyond ourselves and our internal responses to that experience. We cannot stay stagnant or we will shrivel and die a little death, pushing past our comfort zone expands our lives and opens up the world in ways we never expected. We are social beings, too often I pull into myself and that can make me blue. Getting out into the world helps to loosen me up... it awakes me to the possibilities and makes me more fully me.

As for beginnings and completions... well, once in motion, the momentum grows. It may take me a bit to get started, but it is worth it... but I also find, sometimes, I need to focus myself for completing things as well. Some days I am able to bound out of bed; some days each step begins when I get out of bed, some days I must 'force' myself to continue each hour of the day... it all depends on the day and the enjoyment the activity brings. Stress and lethargy are my cruel acquaintances, they must be put in their place before I am able to run free. Forcing myself to leave them behind can be very liberating. For that feeling alone, I am able to step out on that journey each time - well, most days anyway.


© Copyright 2016 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899107-A-Journey-Of-A-Thousand-Miles-Begins