*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899342-December-9
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#899342 added December 9, 2016 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
December 9
** Image ID #2104161 Unavailable **

Lichtfield National Park: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOzitldOGZ8. Beautiful statues of trees and awesome waterfalls. We swam and enjoyed ourselves. The views are beautiful. Nature at its finest. I take a tour to Darwin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMYffcIzoM8.



*Right* I was watching the weather channel this evening and they began discussing legends that occur in certain areas. One is Interstate 4 approach to the St. Johns River Bridge in Seminole County Florida, another in Devil's Gate Dam in Pasadena, California. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-i4-dead-zone-scary-leg...
https://www.timeout.com/los-angeles/blog/exploring-devils-gate-a-portal-to-hell-...
Are their strange occurrences or legends where you live? Please, tell us about them. Do you think they are real or an overactive imagination?(BC)

In Dutch mythology and legends, the Witte Wieven (White Wives) are spirits of "wise women" (or else elven beings). The mythology dates back at least to the pre-Christian era (7th century) and was known in the present-day regions of the Netherlands and Belgium and parts of France. In some places they were known as Juffers or Joffers ("ladies"), or as Dames Blanches (White Ladies) in French.

Historically, the Witte Wieven are thought to be wise female herbalists and medicine healers who took care of people's physical and mental ailments. It was said they had the talent for prophecy and looking into the future. They had a high status in the communities, and so when they died ceremonies were held at their grave sites to honor them.

According to mythology, their spirits remained on earth, and they became living spirits (or elven beings) that either helped or hindered people who encountered them. They tended to reside in the burial sites or other sacred places. It was thought that mist on a grave hill was the spirit of the wise woman appearing, and people would bring them offerings and ask for help. (Wikipedia)

I think they are imaginary beings roaming the earth in the mist.



*Right* Write a blog entry using the following title as inspiration "The Forgotten Rose".(BcoFs)

The Forgotten Rose.

As I walked down the street with my dog I noticed a white rose lying on the pavement. It was a beautiful flower with its rosebud just opened. I picked it up and took it inside my home. There I laid it in front of my Buddha statue for luck. It stayed there ever since.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899342-December-9