*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899901-Motivational-Monday-Bullying-and-Failure
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#899901 added December 19, 2016 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Bullying and Failure
Monday, December 19, 2016

Motivational Monday
thirty-seven degrees with
no windchill factor.

The prompt for DAY 1014
Have you ever been bullied as a young person? Why can't we forget our childhood bullies? What do you think about bullying?

YES! I was bullied. I was made fun off. I was gossiped about. I was made to feel that I was a worthless piece of trash. The bullying occurred in Blackwell, Oklahoma. It started in grade school and continued into Junior High school (middle school). It didn't stop until my family moved to Shawnee, Oklahoma, where I graduated from high school. However, by then the damage was done and my self-worth was in the toilet. At 69, I'm still dealing with issues that the bullying caused and I will probably continue to deal with them for the rest of my life. I want to cry every time I think about what those girls in Blackwell put me through.


Why can't I forget the bullying? Because it left scars on my soul. I have discovered that anything I can't forget left a wound on my soul. While I can't forget, I can attempt to forgive because holding a grudge is detrimental to my well being. Forgiveness is necessary because it helps my spiritual growth which sounds like a selfish reason, but I'm not sure that it's self. Forgiveness is cleansing. Forgiveness encourages activism against bullying by telling others about the way it affected me I may stop someone from bullying or I may encourage someone who is being bullied to go to let someone know they are being bullied.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1495
"Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable." Coco Chanel What do you think?

I don't think failure is inevitable. I believe failure is a part of success because failure means a person has something to learn from the failure. I believe that success is inevitable once a person learns the lesson that a momentary failure teaches. The only time failure is inevitable is when we give up and stop trying. Sometimes we may have to back off and take a different approach to the problem, but if we keep trying then success is ours.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/899901-Motivational-Monday-Bullying-and-Failure