*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900255-Simple-times
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2000274
Simple stuff, really. Musing uncharacteristically challenged. BLog
#900255 added December 26, 2016 at 5:46am
Restrictions: None
Simple times
Day after Christmas. The holiday family madness is nearly over for me. This coming weekend will see me traveling to my Mothers house for Christmas on that side of my Family. Hard to relax doing holidays spread out like this. Of course, the need to relax amounts to a good measure of selfishness, right? I watched my 12 year old unwrap presents quite in a mood. Every time he unwrapped one and it was clothes, he simply threw it in a pile without even looking at it. At one point, he declared he was hoping for something interesting. Guess it wasn't a good Christmas for him. Very unappreciative, he was. I was sad/angry. He new what Christmas was all about. We even went to the late night Christmas Eve service at church where he played his instrument in front of the church for a few songs. Yes, he knows the reason behind Christmas. My best defense is laughter and the knowledge that we all have room to grow. Thanks for listening.
© Copyright 2016 Jimminycritic (UN: jimminycritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jimminycritic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900255-Simple-times