*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900467-Life-The-Taskmaster
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900467 added December 28, 2016 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
Life: The Taskmaster
"Life: The Taskmaster

The sea is an incredibly unforgiving entity. It has claimed the lives of millions who have either made a mistake while at sea or simply been overpowered by her. Life is like that too. Life is pretty much whatever we make of it. Life is not fair. Anybody who ever accused life of being fair was living in a fantasy land. Life is just life. Each of us must play the hand we are dealt because there are no re-deals in life. We have nine months in which we are born and then we spend the rest of our lives dying. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It's simply nature keeping everything in balance. Newton said that for every action there would be an equal but opposite reaction. When we live we also die. It's the price we pay.

Nobody gave us a handbook when we were born. Nobody pulled us aside ahead of time and told us that we would suffer this or that and asked if we were willing to come. We were simply born and whatever circumstances we fell into were purely chance. Some are born with rich parents and will spend their entire lives never knowing want or need. Others of us are born to poor families in which there is no love. We face abuse on a daily basis and know nothing but hardship all of our lives. This all happens by a roll of the dice and somebody else rolls them. We just live with the results. The only choice we make in the process is how we want to act in our circumstances. We can complain or we can accept it for what it is and make the best of it. Serenity is not a state of happiness. It's a state of accepting your circumstances and knowing that life is life. You can't fight it but you can live it.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900467-Life-The-Taskmaster