*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900502-Resolutions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900502 added December 29, 2016 at 1:47am
Restrictions: None
Resolutions
"Resolutions

It's the end of another year and many of us are now looking forward to the new year. We often set out with the best of intentions to change things about ourselves that we don't like. We usually fall short however because the things we often want to change are the most ingrained in our personality. A wise man once asked if a leopard could change its spots by wishing they weren't there? The answer of course is no. The leopards spots are part of it's genetic code. They make it an individual. People are much the same way. The things we often don't like about ourselves are often the very things that make us who we are. Therefore changing them is either impossible or next to it.

I have often made resolutions for the upcoming year. In most cases I have been successful with them because I made them attainable, realistic goals. I never set out to become "rich" or to change something about my appearance. My goals were usually much more realistic. For instance I chose one year to do take better care of my health. I knew I had some health problems and I determined I was going to address them. I listed each one and attacked them. It took me several visits to the doctor and a few surgeries but I achieved my goal. Resolutions are not impossible. They simply have to be realistic.

© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900502-Resolutions