*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900780-Resolution-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#900780 added January 1, 2017 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Resolution 2017
"Resolution 2017

It's New Year's Day once more and time to make those dreaded resolutions. Most of us make resolutions and they last about a week. I have usually had pretty good luck with my resolutions because I try to make them realistic and I make them things I really do want to accomplish. I find that motivation is a very important part of making a resolution. If I set my mind to doing something that I view as negative then more than likely I'm not going to accomplish it. On the other hand if my resolution is something I really want to accomplish then I'm going to be motivated to work toward accomplishing that goal.

One of my resolutions for 2017 is to become a soldier. No, I don't want to serve in the country's army. I've already served in it and I'm much too old to do so now. Instead I want to don a different uniform and become a soldier in the Salvation Army. I have actually wanted to be a soldier in the Salvation Army for many years but life kept dragging me away. Actually, in all honesty I simply walked away. Now I have the opportunity to accomplish my goal and I plan to do so. I spoke with the captain of my corps this morning and we are tentatively planning to begin my training in February. It will last about six weeks, so if all goes well my swearing in will be sometime around Easter.

My goals for serving in the Salvation Army are to put my degree to work. I hold a specialized associate degree in dependency disorder technology meaning I am essentially a mental health tech. I qualify to do mental health case management and triage. My goal is to use these skills to help people in the Salvation Army and also to use them with the Salvation Army Disaster Relief program.

The most important thing however is that achieving my goal and keeping my resolution will mean I have a better opportunity to serve my Savior and my fellow man.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900780-Resolution-2017