*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900930-Catching-upa-little
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#900930 added January 2, 2017 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
Catching up...a little
This is the longest stretch of non-entry time I have had since beginning this blog which the little info block at the top says was October 22nd, 2010. I have no excuses other than dullness and laziness.

I continue to volunteer at Dudley Farm, enjoying it except when it is cold. As I mentioned, there is no heat. Even here in Florida we have sporadic cold weather. Last Friday morning just before I left at 9:30 the "google weather in Gainesville, Florida" temperature was 34°. Very chilly for me. The little store has three windows covered only by wooden shutters which must be completely opened for light. They are on opposite sides (two and one) and allow for a brisk breeze to flow through the building, great for summer but not winter. Of course, I dress for the temp, never removing my jacket, but my fingers never seem to warm up even with light gloves. I know you all up north are laughing.

My daughter and granddaughter came down (from Jax) for Christmas, which was a warm day, in the eighties. I'm used to that and love it. We had a nice dinner, exchanged gifts and got caught up on our various escapades since our last visit. Mopsy got a microgreens salad mix growing kit. I planted it a couple days ago and it is growing nicely, now out in the sunshine from its dark sprouting closet. The photo on it shows an actual human eating the results, but I'm not that optimistic *Laugh*.

A writer friend invited me to a new year's day gathering (I survived the holidays party). She had everything imaginable to eat, lots of things especially prepared for vegetarians which I really appreciated. Her husband is a musician so after taste-testing everything meat free, I went outside to sit around a blazing firepit and listened to him sing and play the ukelele. Heaven, figuratively and literally. His first song was John Denver's Country Roads. I had a great time sipping warm apple cider and singing along, a wonderful ending to the old year and beginning of the new.

Happy New Year, everyone!

until next time...c

© Copyright 2017 Happy Memorial Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Memorial Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/900930-Catching-upa-little