*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901211-My-Trip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#901211 added January 5, 2017 at 5:54am
Restrictions: None
My Trip
Day Five - Are you on the road, or are you safely at home? Think about it...

Actually, I am neither on the road, nor at home. I am floating in a spaceship called Apondia, somewhere between Earth and Mars. I'm on a mission, you see, to explore the Red Planet. We have been warming the atmosphere on the planet for thirty years, gradually causing the ice caps to melt (a skill at which we humans excel!). This causes clouds to form, which causes water to fall and settle. Mars isn't that dissimilar from Earth. There are canyons where water once flowed, worn away billions of years ago. In warming the atmosphere, we have paved the way for this first mission. My role on the ship is counsellor to the crew. I am already on the trail of a kleptomaniac.

In other news . . . I am right at the beginning of the road of my writing. Right at the beginning. I still have so much to learn. Every time I think I have made progress, I read something another person has written and realise they are, like, a thousand miles ahead of me. I am at the bottom of the hill and climbing. But I am climbing. I will continue to climb. And it's the best trip I've ever made.

Please note I am avoiding the word journey. If there's one phrase I can't stand, it's those fake plastic talent show people saying, "This has been an amazing journey!" Nooooooo!!!!!!

© Copyright 2017 Choconut (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901211-My-Trip