*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901656-Letting-Go-Of-the-Past-While-Remembering-It
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#901656 added January 8, 2017 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
Letting Go Of the Past While Remembering It
Jamál (Beauty), 10 Sharaf (Honor), 173 BE - Sunday, January 8, 2017 AD

I need to let go
place everything in God's hands
and bring myself to account.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1034
We're often reminded to not dwell on the past, yet it can be said that there is no future without a past. Of these somewhat conflicting viewpoints, which one do you think is more applicable to you and your lifestyle, and why?

What part of the past are we to let go and what part are we to remember? We have to learn to let go of that part of the past which hold us back through fear. Sometimes this is difficult because many of these things are cause by regrets or stupid decisions we made at sometime between our birth and the present. Some of these fears are caused by abuse or events in which we were made to feel useless or stupid. These events leave scars on our souls, which maybe the main reason we have difficulty forgetting them and therefore letting them go. Rather then forgetting these events we have to learn to let go of them. You can let go of something without forgetting it or the lesson you probably learned. Letting go of something means we still remember it and the lesson while not allowing the event or action to cause us trouble today.


Let go and let God
use the events in your life
to strengthen your soul.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901656-Letting-Go-Of-the-Past-While-Remembering-It