*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901636-The-Sunday-News-New-Gadgets-and-Family-Traditions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#901636 added January 8, 2017 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: New Gadgets and Family Traditions
Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunday morning in Las Vegas
46 degrees and mostly cloudy
expecting a high of 55.

The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
CES 2017 (Consumer Electronics Show)   opened this week in Las Vegas, Nevada, and here are some of the weirder items   on display and potentially coming to a store or online shop near you. Any thoughts or opinions on any of the items? Anything you might be interested in?

New Gadgets and Family Traditions

I take after my grandfather when it comes to new "gadgets' that make life easier. Grandpa was born in the late nineteenth century on a farm in Oklahoma. He grew up plowing fields with horses hitched behind his plow; however, he didn't continue using horses when gas powered tractors were invented. Grandpa was one of the first farmers his his area to have a tractor. Mama told me that Grandpa purchased one of the first Fordsen (that's what she called it) tractors in the county.


Grandpa continued purchasing updated equipment and electronics when he moved into Blackwell and began working at the Blackwell Zinc Smelter1. He had a black and white television for years, but when the colored television came out he purchased one. He also purchased an automatic washing machine for Grandma so she wouldn't have to continue using the old wringer washer even though the wringer washer Grandma used ran by electricity.

Which weird CES gadget do I want? I like the Faraday car for two reasons. First, it's sleek and sexy looking. Second, they are supposed to be building a factory in North Las Vegas to build the car. However, that's not the only weird gadget I like. I also like the Kérastase Hair Coach, Catspad, and 42tea smart cube. Of those three items I would like the 42tea smart cube and the Kérastase Hair Coach. While I don't drink a lot of tea, I do drink specialty and intriguing tea blends, sit the tea cube would be something I would use. As for the hair coach, well that's something anyone who hasn't yet gone completely bald can benefit from using.

Footnotes
1  http://www.blackwelluncovered.com/Blackwell_Zinc_Smelter.html


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901636-The-Sunday-News-New-Gadgets-and-Family-Traditions