*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901747-JAN-10--Internet-Interruption
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#901747 added January 9, 2017 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 10--Internet Interruption
What's your favorite way of passing the time when your internet connection is interrupted for an extended period of time, especially when you had a lot you planned on taking care of online? Or, if you prefer- real talk- how addicted to the internet are you?

Well, the answers to these questions depend on a variety of variables. For example, if my internet went out today, with no super pressing things going on and the weather cold and icy, I'd probably snack, talk on the phone, MAYBE clean up some (but probably not), maybe work on some more Christmas cards (yep, I'm not done lol), or something else equally unexciting.

In the summer, if I had nothing pressing, I might walk to the nearby Wal-Mart or Christian bookstore.

During G.o.T., this DID happen and I DID have something pressing! First, I panicked. (It's important to get that out of the way first so you can focus. *Laugh* Then I did my story (that was due in less than 1 1/2 hrs) on my phone. That kind of sucked. lol (I still need to rework that story now that I can do the research to fill it out.)

Short story long, if it's an internet emergency, I'd use my phone. Otherwise, I can live without it for a while.

Am I addicted to the internet? Well, it might seem that way since I spend SO much time on it. However, I don't think so. (Of course, how many crackheads will tell you they're not addicted to crack?) I'm on it so much because I don't have cable and I can't drive, so there's a lot less for me to do than some folks. *Smile* But I'm just inconvenienced if I can't get on. It's not world ending. I'll just be really bored for a while. lol


** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901747-JAN-10--Internet-Interruption