*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901859-JAN-11--Silencing-the-I-Cant-Voice
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#901859 added January 10, 2017 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 11--Silencing the "I Can't" Voice
Vincent Van Gogh said, "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." What is your 'you cannot ____' voice always ragging on you about, and how good are you at silencing it?

So, Van Gogh was an alcoholic who suffered from psychotic episodes and delusions, so should we REALLY be taking advice from him...

Anyway...I'm not sure I'm good at silencing any of my "You cannot _____" voices. I have them regarding losing weight, writing well, driving again, adopting kids one day, and an assortment of other things.

For some things, like losing weight, I've decided that perhaps just maintaining my weight is a good goal. I've managed to do that when most people gain weight upon exiting the military. I've also decided that if I "fall off the wagon" with my healthy eating, that doesn't mean I should give up totally. Just start back right the next meal...or at LEAST the next day. *Smile*

For writing well, well, does it really matter? If I enjoy my writing, then that's the most important thing. Plus, there are enough inexperienced reviewers on here than enjoy my writing that I can pretend I write "well enough." *Smile*

About driving again, I have to actively be positive about this since having a positive attitude is so important and the doctor isn't giving me a lot of hope, so really, a positive attitude (and God) might be all that gets me driving again. *Smile*

Regarding adopting kids, I do what I can at the moment to improve my chances later. However, I can only control so much and if I can't adopt kids, it's not like I'll die. Not to mention, that's in the future, so I try not to worry about it now...not that I DON'T worry about it sometimes, but still, I TRY not to. *Smile*


** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901859-JAN-11--Silencing-the-I-Cant-Voice