*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901811-Talk-Tuesday-An-Interrupted-Internet-Connection--Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#901811 added January 10, 2017 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: An Interrupted Internet Connection & Thoughts
Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What's your favorite way of passing the time when your internet connection is interrupted for an extended period of time, especially when you had a lot you planned on taking care of online? Or, if you prefer- real talk- how addicted to the internet are you?

A walk around the block
stop to have a talk
with the neighbors.

An interrupted internet connection is a good reason to connect with the rest of humanity and prove to your neighbors that you are neither a vampire nor a zombie. It's also a chance to talk to your family across the world, so pick up your smartphone and call those family members you haven't spoken to in several months or years. I'm sure they will be happy to know you're still alive. You can take yourself out to eat or for a cup of coffee. I suggest taking a pen and paper journal with you because accessing the coffee houses wifi defeats the purpose of the down internet in your home.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1036
One of my sons came home from the second day of his Kindergarten career and announced, “I learned enough.”
Taking your whole life into account, have you learned enough or at least as much as you’d like to have learned?

One can never learn enough because once you stop learning then you stop living. Once you stop learning your soul stops growing and begins to decompose. At conception an individual receives a mind, body, and soul. While in the womb of the mother the brain and body grow the physical attributes they need to survive in the material world. While in the material world the soul grow and progress acquiring the attributes and abilities it needs to survive in the world of the spirit. Once a person stop learning or acquiring knowledge then the brain and the mind begins to die while the soul stops acquiring the virtues it needs after its separation from the physical body.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1517
Why do so many writers risk public, private, and/or professional excoriation for the dubious pleasure of writing about themselves? What is it about sharing one's deepest thoughts or experiences with makes it worth the mayhem?

I have absolutely no idea why other writers do it. I suspect each writer has his or her own reasons. I know from experience that there are some things about myself I don't write about, but I'm not sure why that is. I also know that some of the personal "secrets" I put in my blog entries causes me consternation. I write about them anyway because once I've let the "secret" out I feel relieved and can move on. I also know that I'm not alone when it comes to having "secrets" that shouldn't be "secrets" because both abuse and bullying have to stop and the only way to stop those things is to write and talk about them from personal experience.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/901811-Talk-Tuesday-An-Interrupted-Internet-Connection--Thoughts