*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902048-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Musical-Instrument
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#902048 added January 13, 2017 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: My Favorite Musical Instrument
Friday, January 13, 2017


The Fun Fact Friday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
On this day in 1854, Anthony Faas of Philadelphia, PA, was granted the first US patent for the accordion. He made improvements to the keyboard and enhanced the sound. Do you play or have you ever played any instruments? If not, what's one you'd like to learn? Bonus Points today for sharing a favorite song of yours with us that names any instrument in its title.

When I was in grade school in Blackwell, Oklahoma, a friend had a piano. When we went to her house we allowed to play with the piano keys. I managed a version of Chopsticks by using one finger on each hand. Today I'm sure it wasn't all that good, but at the time it sounded great. Her mother never go upset with any of us sitting at the piano and attempting to play it by pushing down the keys. She didn't want use to pound on it. As long as we were gentle in our play the woman never said anything and she encouraged us in our attempts. That is as close to play an instrument as I've came.


My favorite musical instrument is the bagpipes. I don't know any song that song specifically about bagpipes. Danny Boy is my one favorite songs played on the pipes. Even though it may not be about the pipes it does mention them in its lyrics http://www.lyrics.com/lyric/10579426.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902048-Fun-Fact-Friday-My-Favorite-Musical-Instrument