*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902087-Symbols-and-the-Ocean
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#902087 added January 13, 2017 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
Symbols and the Ocean
Friday, January 13, 2017

O Friend!
In the garden of thy heart plant naught but the rose of love, and from the nightingale of affection and desire loosen not thy hold. Treasure the companionship of the righteous and eschew all fellowship with the ungodly.
Bahá’u’lláh, The Hidden Words, Part Two: From the Persian: Number 3

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1520
Take a moment to consider symbols/symbolism and what it/they represent.. like birch represents hope, butterflies change or transformation. How often do you use symbols in your writing, in your everyday life? What are some of your favorites?

I use symbols more often in my poems then I do my short stories. I especially like to use flower, birds, and butterflies. However, I will use any type of symbol that enhances the metaphor. My favorite flowers are roses and hyacinths while my favorite birds are nightingales and doves. My favorite butterfly is the monarch or milkweed butterfly because this butterfly is on I saw flying around milkweeds in Oklahoma and therefore the bring back pleasant memories of my childhood.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1039
Close your eyes and Imagine for a moment...any lingering stress you have released out to sea. What will you let the waves carry away as you breathe clean ocean air?

The ocean embraces and soothes
like prayer
it carries the stress of daily existence
into the canyons of faith
freeing the mind and soul
of worry.




© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902087-Symbols-and-the-Ocean