*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902081-January-13th-2017
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2107081
You're not ready for the truth. Then again, you probably never will be.
#902081 added January 13, 2017 at 10:49am
Restrictions: None
January 13th, 2017
January 13th, 2017

Superstition


The reason why I have decided to talk to you about superstition today is because it’s Friday the thirteenth today. At least it is here in the United States. I’m not sure about the rest of the world. Yes, I know it Friday the thirteenth all over the world today. But I’m not sure if they think it’s an unlucky day like most of us do in the USA.

What about the rest of the universe? Do they believe in superstition? The answer to that is, “Yes, they do.” Most of the planets out there have superstitions, some of them a lot. But most of them are like us. Of course, quite a few of us think we have a lot too.

Are there superstitions the same as ours? That’s also what you are thinking. Right? The answer to that is, “Yes and no.” They are pretty much the same. But they are different too. We have Friday the thirteenth, stepping on a crack, black cats, and walking under a ladder. They might call them something like Death Day, breaking your lover's heart, a white animal – It’s a different animal for each planet, and playing with a dangling rope. Something like that.

Do they have some that we don’t have? Of course, they do. And we have some they don’t have. With so many civilized planets out there, there are going to be a lot that is about the same. But there will always be at least one or three, probably more, that aren’t.

I personally don’t remember encountering any of these in my ‘Adventures.’ So, I don’t know what they have and don’t have exactly. But I did overhear some of them. I also overheard they talking about some of the other superstitions they have. That’s why I can truthfully tell you what kind of superstitions they have.



© Copyright 2017 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902081-January-13th-2017