*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902324-Enjoying-Living
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#902324 added January 16, 2017 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
Enjoying Living
I may have overdone it a little yesterday. We are having such beautiful weather that I decided to clean out a bed of ivy for a flower/vegetable planting area in the spring. It looks very nice and ready, but this morning I am sore, stiff and achy. And I'm on a Prednisone decreasing regimen as well. I'm hoping it will pass with movement as the day goes on. Ah, but it's so wonderful working outdoors in the yard and there's so much to do.

I have been working on a memoir for over four years and I'm having such a time about where to go with it. I'm at 32,000 words and it seems like I could be almost finished but in comparison to others, it is short. Plus, I'm thinking of deleting some parts that do not move the story forward. A fellow writer is teaching a class at the community college near me (Writing a Novel: Start to Finish) which I am tempted to sign up for. Is a memoir considered a novel? Or are all novels fiction? The first class is on the 26th so I have a little time to ponder.

I went to a Word Press meetup last Thursday evening because I am assisting in updating our writers' site. I learned some things and had free pizza, can't beat that. The attendees (around 30 of us) ranged from "know nothing" to "site developers" so being somewhere in the low end I didn't feel at all out of place. It's held at a center for innovation and economic development (part of that community college) and has a scheduled meeting every month. I signed up for next month, too.

Grapefruit are prolifically hanging over my backyard fence. They are sour and full of seeds but they make great juice...one a day to keep the colds away. My neighbor never picks any of them. I'm thankful for the ones hanging over.

until next time...c


© Copyright 2017 Happy Memorial Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Memorial Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902324-Enjoying-Living