*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902339-Motivational-Monday-Todays-Motivation-To-Blog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#902339 added January 16, 2017 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Today's Motivation To Blog
Monday, January 16, 2017

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2108781 by Not Available.

The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Actress Ethel Merman  , born on this day back in 1908, once said "I can never remember being afraid of an audience. If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them." How does this quote relate to your blogging? Do you write for any particular audience?

Stage Fright and Blogging

For me it's a lot easier to write a blog entry then to stand in front of an audience and perform or recite. I remember a incident when I attended Vacation Bible School (VBS) in Blackwell, Oklahoma. During the summer my siblings and myself attended church at the First Southern Baptist Mission in the Smelter Heights. Every year during VBS we were expected to learn a bible verse and then recite it before an audience at the end of of the semester. One year, I got up in front of the audience and froze. I couldn't remember the verse I had memorized. That was my first experience with stage fright.


I don't think I have a specific audience in mind when I compose a blog entry. I know that the entries in this blog will be read by the blog group and other members of writing.com. That doesn't bother me. Sometimes I have a problem composing entries for my offsite blog, especially if I visualize a specific audience. I suspect I should be focusing on a specific audience when I write them, but most of the time I just chose a theme and start writing. Sometimes a specific theme will present itself, but usually I just start writing.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1042
What do you think people mean when they talk about a person’s potential and can human potential be measured?

Measuring Human Potential

How do you measure human potential? I have absolutely no idea. Human potential is composed of numerous factors which includes, but isn't limited to, IQ, talent and creativity. A person's intelligence quota (IQ) can be measured through specific tests.1 An individual's talents can be discovered through finding out what the person likes to do while giving the opportunity for that person to explore many different arts and sciences. A person's creativity can also be measured through the use of four different tests.2 These things can only suggest an individual's potential; however, they can't help a person reach that potential. In order for individual to strive for their potential they have to have positive encouragement and believe in themselves.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1523
Have you ever participated in a parade? If so, what type of parade was it? Did you enjoy being in the parade or would you rather have been in the audience? If you've never been in a parade what is your favorite parade to watch?

Martin Luther King Day Parade

I have been blessed in many different ways since declaring my belief in Baha'u'llah. One of those blessings was to participate in the Martin Luther King Day Parade. For several years, prior to becoming my mother's caregiver, I along with several other Baha'is in the Las Vegas valley marched in the parade. I enjoyed walking along behind a banner proclaiming the Oneness of Humanity. I enjoyed waving at the audience knowing that most of the people watching were there to celebrate either Martin Luther King's dream or to witness the diversity expressed in the various groups marching in the parade.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902339-Motivational-Monday-Todays-Motivation-To-Blog