*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902428-Talk-Tuesday-Discussing-Various-Subjects
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#902428 added January 17, 2017 at 9:54am
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Discussing Various Subjects
Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Before the first sip of coffee
my fingers forget
that it's 2017
and attempt to write 2016.

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
What's your opinion on high school reunions? Have you gone to any? Why (or why not)?

High School Reunion

I've never had the blessing or the curse (depending on your perspective) of attending a high school reunion. Every time I've received an invention to one, I've always been involved with something else or considered the trip too expensive. High school reunions aren't high on my priority list and traveling half way across the country to see people I know only from their Facebook photos doesn't appeal to me. While I enjoyed high school more then I enjoyed junior high (middle school) I didn't enjoy it so much that I want to fly to the Oklahoma for reunion. I'd rather give my old high school friends my phone number and let them drop by my place if they're in Las Vegas.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1524
When did you come out of the closet... that you were going to be a writer to your friends, family, and community? Was it easy or did they question your sanity?

Closets and Sanity

First, I've never in my entire life shut a closet door no matter which side of the door I was on. Therefore, entering or exiting the closet hasn't been that difficult. Second, I'm fairly sure that my family has always questioned my sanity. This is alright with me because I suspect that I'm no crazier, saner, or weirder than anyone else in my family or the human race. The Darbe family doesn't consider creativity an institutionalizing attribute or offence. All of my sibling are creative in their own special way which is one of the reasons I love them.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1043
Mahatma Gandhi said, “The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.”
Do you think the power of love can overrule the love of power…ever? What are your thoughts on the subject?

Peace and Love

I know that peace will eventually come because it is promised by God. I know that the power of divine love is strong enough to "overrule the love of power". Peace won't come easily and swiftly. It will come after humanity has overcome numerous obstacles confronting them in this present age. Some of these obstacles are physical while some are mental and spiritual. However, we will overcome these obstacles and peace will arrive.



© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902428-Talk-Tuesday-Discussing-Various-Subjects