*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902414-High-School-Reunions-Wheres-The-Exit
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2049546
My first blog
#902414 added August 11, 2017 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
High School Reunions? Where's The Exit?!
Talk Tuesday! What's your opinion on high school reunions? Have you gone to any? Why (or why not)?

I don't think High School Reunions are such a big thing in the UK as they are in the US. I could be wrong. I know there was one organised for our year a few years ago. I can't remember exactly when it was, but it was before I met David, and after I got out of my nightmare marriage. So between late 2003 and mid 2009. Anyway. Whenever it was, a part of me wanted to go. There are people I would love to see from school, and catch up with. People I haven't seen since I left. People I sometimes wonder about. I really wanted to catch up with them. But then there was that old fiend, anxiety. There were the voices mentioned in previous posts, and they really didn't want me to go.

I had nothing at the time. I was living at home with my parents. I was terrified of everything and everyone. I couldn't face people that way. So I didn't go. Even if none of that were the case, I couldn't have stood to be in a room full of people, all competing to be the most successful. I couldn't have stood to be in a room full of people: period.

I beat myself up for a while for not going. But I'm more philosophical about it today. Now, I think: What's the point? You can't go back. These are not the same people I was at school with. I know I'm certainly not. With the exception of a couple of people, I really don't mind not seeing them. But, hey. There's always Facebook, right?

© Copyright 2017 Choconut ~ House Targaryen (UN: purplesunday at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Choconut ~ House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902414-High-School-Reunions-Wheres-The-Exit