*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902513-Measuring-Sticks
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#902513 added January 18, 2017 at 2:51am
Restrictions: None
Measuring Sticks
"Measuring Sticks

** Image ID #2049085 Unavailable **

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for 1-18-17 is "Imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together." ― Brené Brown What is you take on this?"

I would have to agree with this response. I feel that it takes each of us, complete with our little "imperfections" to make the world into what it is today. It's easy to find fault with the things that we disagree with but can we really do that? Is it not true that the things we think should not be so are the very things that define the things that we adhere to? For example, I am a Christian. Many believe that means I consider myself to be free from all sin. That is absolutely not what being a Christian means. What it does mean is that I have dedicated my life to doing my utmost to adhere to God's word. It doesn't mean that anybody has to agree with me or do likewise, though I believe they'll regret not doing so. However Christianity requires a state of holiness. Holiness is the exact opposite of sinfulness. However even God knew such blanket statements were basically ludicrous. Thus the Apostle Paul explains that God gave us the Law (the Ten Commandments) to teach us what was sinful. You can read this for yourself in Romans 7: 7- 13.

I use this example not to preach but to make a point. The point is that we would not know what one thing is if we did not have it's opposite to compare it to. We could be freezing to death and have no idea it was cold if we had never experienced warmth for example. On the other hand we could be so hot we were nearly ready to suffocate without knowing we were hot if we had never experienced cold. So the differences in others are what bring out the uniqueness in ourselves. I may look at my neighbor and not like his or her blue eyes. However if I had blue eyes and everybody else had blue eyes, I wouldn't know there was anything to like or dislike about their eye color. Those little qualities that I find so attractive or unattractive in others are the measuring stick that defines those things. It takes all of us, complete with our inherent uniqueness to make the world into the place it is.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/902513-Measuring-Sticks