*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903181-Naming-my-friends-pet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903181 added January 26, 2017 at 2:48am
Restrictions: None
Naming my friends pet
"Naming my friends pet

** Image ID #2109991 Unavailable **

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for January 26, 2017 is "Your friend wants to name a pet - but the name has to be something that NO pet has EVER been named before. Write the story of the name." Lyn.

That one is easy. I wrote a storyfor in December that won second place in the Pet News Contest. In it a puppy is given an unusual name. Here's the link.
A puppy for Christmas  (E)
Featured in Comedy Newsletter 12-21-2016
#2105350 by Chris Breva
.

(I know the prompt said "pet", which could be anything. For the sake of clarity though I'm going to use a dog.)

If the name of the pup in my story doesn't work I can make up a few names. For example i'd want to know what the friend was going to use the dog for if it was serving a purpose beyond simply being a pet. If it was going to be a guard dog as a back up to their burglar alarm I'd suggest that they name it "Plan B".

If they wanted to use it to keep the cats away from their house I might suggest they call it "Shoo Puss".

If they wanted to use it to attract the attention of the local police department I might suggest they call it "Doughnut".

If they wanted to name it after their mother I might suggest they call it "Son of a .....".

There are any number of names, all of which have probably in all reality been used before. I mean there are literally millions of dogs around the world living today and trillions more throughout history. Truly hitting on a name that's never been used before would be impossible. We'll try for unusual. How about this name Come here Bast...!

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903181-Naming-my-friends-pet