*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903291-Questions-about-Contests
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#903291 added January 27, 2017 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Questions about Contests
Friday, January 27, 2017

“What doesn't kill us gives us something new to write about.”
Julie Wright

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1534
What are your thoughts on contests? Are they worth entering, or do you think they're a waste of time and money? Have you entered any yourself? Recommendations? I'm not talking about the contests on WDC.

Are contests worth entering? Yes contests are worth entering. They aren't a wast of time or money if it is a contest offered by reputable group. The best way to treat contests is to find one that interest you. Do research on the group and/or the magazine, which includes reading an issue of the mag. Most libraries have recent copies of reputable magazines or you can sometimes find parts of recent issues online. Determine if you already have a poem or story that meets the guidelines. Please note that some mags may not want to accept anything that has been posted for public display on writing.com because they consider that it's already been printed. If you have any questions about anything then e-mail the editor or assistance editor which ever one answers questions. The last thing to do is to ignore your inner critic that gives you negative advice.





© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903291-Questions-about-Contests