*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903288-A-New-Outlook
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#903288 added January 27, 2017 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
A New Outlook
Friday, January 27, 2017

"I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting."
Bahá’u’lláh

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1053
Write about something that sinks deep into your heart before exploding. What event was like a force of nature in the core of your being? Detail the cascading effect it had on your outlook, your day, your year or in an instant.

The only thing that effected me is such a way was the Baha'i Faith, specifically the scriptures and prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah. Lately I've been thinking back to the moment I first realized that Baha'u'llah was the fulfillment of God's promise to humanity. I've come to the conclusion that there wasn't a specific moment or even a specific prayer or scripture verse that convinced me. I knew intuitively that Baha'u'llah was sent from God and that the scriptures he revealed were the word of God for this age.


The wonderful thing about declaring my belief in Baha'u'llah was that I didn't have to give up my faith in Christ. When I accepted Baha'u'llah, which means the Glory of God, my entire outlook changed and broadened. I discovered and accepted the oneness of humanity, the oneness of God, and the basic oneness of religion. I came to realize that God is a single unknowable essence with many names. The Divine Essence created humanity as a single species. Each religion is a chapter in the Book of God and these chapters were revealed by different Prophets or Manifestations (individuals revealing the attribute of God to humanity).

Accepting Baha'u'llah has changed my outlook to such an extent that I can't go back and I can't deny Him. Therefore, I must go forward as best I can. I can't say I am only a human being attempting to follow the commands of God. Sometimes I fall back into my old way of thinking and acting, but when I do I get up, say a prayer for forgiveness, and move forward knowing that the only entity to fear is God.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903288-A-New-Outlook