*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903423-The-Sunday-News-The-Kindness-of-Strangers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#903423 added January 29, 2017 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News: The Kindness of Strangers
Sunday, January 29, 2017

I want to thank Schnujo is Late to Lannister for sharing the link to the Good News Network1. After everything that's gone on in the America and the world the past few days, I need another place to find good news. Usually when I want good news I do a Bing search or go to BahaiTeachings.org2 which under normal conditions helps. However, we are dealing with abnormal conditions and I suspect these conditions are going to continue into the unforeseeable future.


The Sunday News prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Please, I don't care what you want to talk about today, just no politics. Find a story that makes you feel good about the world and tell us about it.

There is always good news on the web if you look for it. Sometimes the good news is political and sometimes nonpolitical. There are numerous website that post good news stories, sometimes you can even find these stories on the main news outlets. Some website make the good new "front page" stories while others hide them in their "back page" links. The positive news is out there, the problem is that we have to look for it. I think the positive news should be "front page" news. Unfortunately, in the world today many people don't want to know about the good news.


After perusing numerous good news stories, I've found that most, if not all, of them have one thing in common. That is the kindness of stranger. At one time or another we all need the kindness of strangers because without it we would be in a worse position then we are right now. The kindness of strangers was brought to my mind by the article "Relying on the Kindness of Strangers"3. I, myself, have felt the kindness of strangers at different time through my life. Once it was in a store when I didn't have enough money to pay for something and the person in line behind me made up the difference. At another time I had a flat tire on my way to work and someone stopped to help me get to work on time.

"Care for the stranger as for one of your own; show to alien souls the same loving kindness ye bestow upon your faithful friends."
Abdu’l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 34.

Footnotes
1  http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/relying-kindness-strangers


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903423-The-Sunday-News-The-Kindness-of-Strangers