*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903490-JAN-29--Success-Thanks-to-Others
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#903490 added January 29, 2017 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
JAN 29--Success Thanks to Others
Written for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS with prompt: Former US President Franklin D. Roosevelt, born on this day in 1882, once said "I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues." How important to your success (in any part of your life) is it to surround yourself with talented, knowledgeable, and/or fun people?

I know in the Army, it was VERY important! Without the great assistant I had in Hawaii, as well as smart and hardworking Soldiers under me, I would never have made it! They did FAR more for me than my leaders ever did. I'm forever grateful to them! My assistant is the one who talked me into getting counseling after my terrible experience with it in Alaska. My Soldiers often ran the clinic when I was in no condition to do so. (Which is why I got medically retired.) They were also invaluable as sources for information and advice. They'd all been in Hawaii longer than I had and understood the Hawaiian culture as well as the culture of the unit I was in. I couldn't have made it without them!




** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903490-JAN-29--Success-Thanks-to-Others