*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903703-FEB-1--Quill-Awards
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2101444
A brief discussion of my experiences with being a Rising Star Nominee.
#903703 added February 1, 2017 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
FEB 1--Quill Awards
Written for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS with Prompt: Check out "The Quill Awards" , and then take a quick look at the list of items nominated so far (the cutoff for noms was 1/31/17, and the list hasn't been completely updated yet) here: "Quills 2016 Nominations" . Pick one of the items nominated for a 2016 Quill, and review it. Post your review in your blog using the Invalid Review tag, tell us what drew you to that particular piece in the first place, and if you have any previous Quills ceremony experiences please share them with us (and if you don't, based on the links in this prompt, give us your idea of what you think the WDC Quill Awards experience is like from an outsider's perspective).

I wrote Review of "STANDING AMONG THE TOMBSTONES" for piece "Invalid Item. It's a short piece, but interesting. It sounded almost poetic in places. It had a wistful feel to it. I was drawn to it by it's interesting title. I'm glad I chose this piece.

I've not been here for the WdC Quill Awards yet, but I'm looking forward to it. At first I thought it was just awards, but I've started getting the impression that there is actually a live ceremony. (Not sure where I got that impression if it's not true.) That would be really interesting. I wonder if it's just audio or if it's video too. And what about the winners? Do they actually GO to the ceremony (if they can)? Because that would be awesome! Can other folks go to hob-knob? Or is this all just virtual and folks call in their acceptance speeches. I have no idea how this goes, but I'm interested. *Smile*

** Image ID #2100707 Unavailable ** Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903703-FEB-1--Quill-Awards