*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903499-Growth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#903499 added January 30, 2017 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
Growth
"Growth

Blog City image small

** Image ID #2110407 Unavailable **

The BCPF prompt for January 30, 2017 is "Have you ever regretted your words that have sprung up from habit or do you know someone who does that? Why do you think people sometimes answer questions or talk in ready-made phrases, instead of paying attention to meaning?"

I hate to answer a prompt about cliche's and habits with what sounds like a cliche but humans really are creatures of habit. I remember when I was a child my grandfather lived on one of the worst roads in the county. In the winter the road would often freeze solid with deep ruts that vehicle tires would slide into. All you could do was gun it and let the ruts guide you My dad was fond of saying "You simply grab a rut and go."

I see humans as like that. We find something that we are comfortable with and we are very resistant to change. many people refuse to change even when their habits are killing them. At that point it goes from habit to addiction. I think everybody has some addictions but when they begin controlling our lives we need to take action.

As a writer I became stuck in a rut of writing straight poetry and reviews. Both were necessary and helpful but I needed to do more. Growth isn't found in those ruts. Growth by it's very nature requires change.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903499-Growth