*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903732-My-quill-is-once-again-creating
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#903732 added February 1, 2017 at 8:09pm
Restrictions: None
My quill is once again creating...
         Ah, it's good to be back blogging! During my self-imposed respite, I travelled and recovered from knee surgery.
          February the First's Prompt: Check out "The Quill Awards", and then take a quick look at the list of items nominated so far. Pick one of the nominated items, and review it. Tell us what drew you to that particular piece. Any previous Quills ceremony experiences? If not, give us your idea of what you think the WDC Quill Awards experience is like.
          Well, the nomination list is long, and impressive. Kudos to the many talented writers here at WDC. Blush, blush, ahem... I'm not tooting my own horn, but someone(s}; gracious, supportive, discriminating(?) somebodies nominated two of my 'bits'/crumbs of writing. I do not entertain any aspirations of winning, but thank you for this recognition!
          I chose to peruse, and review a piece of poetry composed by Warped Sanity. Her title, 'Autism Misunderstood' piqued my interest because I have accompanied one of my cousin's on his life journey, and there has never been a dull moment. Paul defies description, decorum, and my limited logic. So-called experts have labelled him as being " on the broad autism spectrum". He is completely, and unapologetically himself. The beat of his drummer never falters. This being said, I recommend Warped Sanity's poem. As she illustrates, uniqueness is a wonderful gift.
         Review of "Autism Misunderstood"
         Nope, nada... I have no personal experience invested in the entire Quill Awards 'thingy'. Is it vindication? Is it a sense of acceptance/belonging? Is it life-affirming?

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/903732-My-quill-is-once-again-creating