*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897937-Magics-In-The-Air
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#897937 added November 19, 2016 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
Magic's In The Air
PROMPT: Creation Saturday! When someone says "And this is where the magic happens", what are they referring to? Take this prompt in any direction your imagination lets you...
         Is it just me, or is this line rife with sexual innuendo? Cough, cough... excuse me? No matter the setting, that nuance simmers below the surface. Take a bakery...A man clad in white and a fine mist of flour brags, "This is where the magic happens. Care to rub and roll with me? Oh, that's good. Knead a little harder, faster"... This could be a garage... A mechanic swipes his oil-stained hands and crows, "This is where the magic happens. It's all in the hands. A tweek here, an adjustment there, and she's purring, ready to go"... Whew! If these words were uttered by a masseur... , well, you get my drift... hum, mmm... But, no drifting just yet...
          Dannica could feel her heart thudding in her chest, and her hand was definitely clammy. so much so, it nearly slipped from Stan's grasp. This was a surprise. When he'd arrived a short time ago, he'd asked if she trusted him, and then he'd pulled a bandanna from his pocket. What could she say, but yes. He seemed kind of excited with the biggest grin she'd ever seen as he proceeded to blindfold her eyes. During the car ride, Stan had refused to speak, and now he was leading her past some bushes. They snagged at her clothing, and smelled of cedar. A few times, Dannica stumbled, but Stan pulled her upright before she fell. She could smell grass, and wet earth. The traffic sounds, the honking, the screeching, the constant rumble had faded. Where was Stan taking her?
         "Okay, lift your feet now, and climb these steps. There are ten of them." Obeying, Dannica followed Stan and his voice. Without warning, her hand dropped, so, Dannica froze. Reflexively reaching for the rag, Stan stopped her with, "No, let me do it." Once her eyes were freed, Dannica squinted, and swivelled her head seeking something familiar. Huh, she recognized the amphitheatre in the park. Why had Stan led her up on the stage? She didn't have to wait long for an answer.
         Striking a match, and holding its flickering flame to a candle, Stan knelt before the stunned Dannica in the gathering shadows of dusk. Sweeping his free arm in an arc, he shouted, "This is where the magic happens!" Ruffling her hair, and smoothing her dress, Dannica's mind raced. Could this really be what she thought it was ? If so, it had caught her off-guard. The two of them hadn't been stepping out for that long. Stan was full of surprises, she didn't think he had this in him, at least not yet. She still wasn't keen on his name. Her friends and family called him that tired 'Stan the Man', or' Stanfield'. Sigh, it was kind of blah. She'd always imagined she'd be swept off her feet by a Raoul, or an Antonio. Why did his name have to rhyme with bland, or bran? Perhaps he had a more appealing middle name he wouldn't mind using, that might help.
          Drat. Stan still knelt on one knee, and he seemed to be looking at her expectantly. Right, he anticipated a reaction, some sign she'd heard him. Swallowing, Dannica mumbled, "Um, er, when?" Jumping to his feet, Stan whispered, "Tomorrow." Dannica couldn't help it, she shrieked. Her legs crumpled, crashing her to the spot her boyfriend had just vacated. It took a few moments, but no one was helping her to her unsteady feet. Where was her fiancĂ©? Where was the chivalry?
         Shaking her head, a flash of bright colours cascaded over her shoulders in an unending stream.. Then she noticed a smiling Stan. She gasped as if seeing him for the first time. He stood pulling scarf after scarf from his sleeve. Before she could react, he leaned over, reached behind one of her buzzing ears, and produced a shiny coin. Still he had more...With a bow, he presented a bouquet of blooms that somehow materialized out of thin air. My god, Stan was a magician!

© Copyright 2016 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897937-Magics-In-The-Air