*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904072-The-Search-for-Truth-and-Music
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#904072 added February 6, 2017 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
The Search for Truth and Music
Monday, February 6, 2017

Yesterday's songs
Bring back memories
And tears

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1063
"In time, we hate that which we often fear" Shakespeare › Antony and Cleopatra, Act 1, Scene 3 Has this happened to you or to people you know? What are your thoughts on fear-hate connection?

Sometimes fear does generate hate, but not always. The biggest contributors to hate is ignorance, superstition, and letter other tell us how to think. Instead of asking questions and searching for truth ourselves we tend to accept the "alternate facts" that politicians and other people in power feed us. I don't know if the problem is that we don't want to use our mind or that we don't know how to apply the scientific method to the search for truth. It could be a combination of those two reasons. Which ever it is we, human beings, have to begin searching for truth in all areas of our lives or our minds and souls will remain chained to the superstitions and hates of the past.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1544
Today is Bob Marley's 72nd birthday. He said "None but ourselves can free our minds." Write a story, poem or something else either about Mr. Marley and/or the quote.


Bob Marley is right we are the only ones who can free our minds, while Redemption Song doesn't tell us how to remove the chains of mental slavery it does encourage us to move forward with the process. The only way for us to do this is to search for truth ourselves and to ask questions. We have to apply the scientific method to our search for truth. If we don't begin to do this today then the country and humanity will fall ever deeper into the abyss of hate and fear.


Listen to the words of the song
contemplate what the artist sings
music can help us understand
the battles and fears faced by our fellowman.


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904072-The-Search-for-Truth-and-Music