*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904359-February-10-An-Ironic-Twist-of-Fate
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#904359 added February 10, 2017 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
February 10: An Ironic Twist of Fate
Friday, February 10, 2017

"Blame it on a simple twist of fate."
Bob Dylan

The "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS prompt for the 50.50 challenge
In an ironic twist, a dog really ate your homework. When you try to explain this to your teacher she says, "Come on, you can do better than that excuse." Instead of arguing, you take that as a challenge and come up with an elaborate story as to what happened to your homework. There will be an additional drawing for a merit badge for the most creative entry. Let us hear it. Fee today is 1500gps.

An Ironic Twist Fate

"Professor Fightmaster, I apologize for not telling you the truth. It just that the truth is so far fetched, as Granny would say, that I didn't think you would believe me. You see I was so mentally tired after I finished the homework last night, that I couldn't focus on fixing supper for or even feeding the dog. Anyway, after finishing my homework, I put it in my lavender backpack and place the backpack in the backseat of the Range Rover because Dad was supposed to bring me to school this morning on his way to work.


"After that I went back into the kitchen to fix something for Dad and me because Mom called earlier and said she had to work overtime. In the kitchen, I found the dog and the cat standing beside the feeding dishes. Both animals were glaring at me because their dishes were empty. I went to the pantry, got the food for both animals and poured it in their dishes. Next I removed a covered casserole dish from the refrigerator. I placed the dish in the over and turned the oven on.

"Yes, I know I should have let the oven warm up before putting the dish in, but I was mentally exhausted that I wasn't thinking straight. I turned my back on the over and stepped on the cat who was standing right behind me because I had inadvertently put dog food in the cat's dish and cat food in the dog's dish. The dog didn't mind because he'll eat anything, but the cat was pissed.

"As I said, I stepped on the cat's tail. The cat screeched and dug her claws into my leg. This caused me to fall down and hit my head on the kitchen counter knocking myself out. Dad came running into the kitchen, tried to load me into the backseat of the Land Rover, but my backpack was in the way. He removed the backpack, tossed it into the kitchen, and loaded me int the Land Rover.

"I came around several hours latter to find myself laying in a hospital bed with Dand, three doctors and a nurse discussing whether or not I needed rabies shots. My dad went home to get the papers showing the cat's shots were all up to date. By the time Dad got home the house was on fire because he hadn't turned the oven off when he took me to the hospital. The emergency responders were able to save the cat, the dog, and Mama's pet orange alligator. Unfortunately my backpack, which contained my homework, wasn't as lucky."

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904359-February-10-An-Ironic-Twist-of-Fate