*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904762-You-cant-please-everyone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#904762 added February 15, 2017 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
You can't please everyone
PROMPT: Susan B. Anthony, who was born on this day back in 1820, once said, "Forget conventionalism; forget what the world thinks of you stepping out of your place, think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval. " Take apart her quote. What does each part mean to you? How does it motivate you to do the things you want to do and the things you love to do? Do her words still matter, some 150+ years later? And how important is approval or validation of your work, be it in writing, or in your day-to-day life?
         Susan was a visionary, a life coach promoting positivity, and self'-exploration. Follow the beat of your own drummer. Unto your own self be true. Yes, I believe her words, her message still matters.
         I'm not the first person to marry, and then procreate. There are many of us mothers stumbling this earth. I am no better than any of them. I struggled. I laughed. I wept. Ì am imperfectly perfect. I still do not have all the answers, in fact, I'm not so sure there are any answers. All I know is that I tried, and I never gave up.I admit, I made mistakes.I succeeded somewhat. My kids survived, and thrived.Not one of them has spent time behind bars. So far, they are gainfully employed. They bumble along in relationships. As of yet, they are not seeking therapy, so I suppose this is a good thing, and the scars aren't debilitating. I believe I attempted motherhood to the best of my abilities. It was a one shot deal with no do-overs.
         Curiosity and optimism are my motivators. There's always something new to learn, try, and experience.Writing challenges me to " use my little grey cells" as Agatha Christie' s Belgian sleuth Poirot says. Sure, praise is wonderful and welcome, but not necessary.
         I think it 's true that the older I get, the less I care about how others perceive me. Rick Nelson's song, ' Garden Party'states this succinctly. "You see, you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself."

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904762-You-cant-please-everyone