*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904828-What-the-World-Needs-Now-Is-Love-And-So-Much-More
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#904828 added February 16, 2017 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
What the World Needs Now Is Love, And So Much More
         Oh, I believe I understand the sentiment behind this famous song, and yes, pure, unbiased love for everyone is a noble goal, but there are plenty of other things that there are just too little of. Love takes on many forms which become fanatical, and divisive. There is love for money which is simply greed. There is love for country/nation which can and often does become obsessive. Love for religion has caused many a war, and blood shed. How many leaders/politicians succumb to love of power? Love does make the world go 'round and 'round. No matter the love, it is intoxicating, and capable of clouding reason.
          I believe the world needs far more tolerance, acceptance, and respect. Let's agree to disagree. We do not have to share the same religious, or political beliefs. We should celebrate our mutual inhabitance of this earth. We all breathe the same air. We all see the same sky with the same sun, moon, and stars. We all experience day and night as our common planet rotates around the sun. We all know hunger and thirst. We all have felt joy and sorrow. We all have so much in common. Yes, we need love, but a kinder. more inclusive love. Let's support each and every person in this world.
         Perhaps all of this is attainable, and possible if more people were to start with themselves. Every person needs to accept and love their own self. No one is perfect, but self-acceptance is important. How can anyone love another if they do not?
         Ah, back to "the only thing there is just too little of"... Nowadays, there are many 'things' in short supply. The world needs more clean air, and more clean drinking water. There are those who need more shelter , and more food to eat. What about immunizations, and disease control? Many people still need the freedom to live without persecution. It's a complicated world.
          Ah, the world's population needs love, and so much more...

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/904828-What-the-World-Needs-Now-Is-Love-And-So-Much-More